Covers

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

The Andy Griffith Show


Andy Griffith and Don Knotts. Two of my favorite, older actors.

Do you love The Andy Griffith show? I do! Granted I don't watch much anymore, but the show kept me in stitches. Who can forget Don Knotts as Deputy Barney Fife. I always thought he was the funniest man on the show. One bullet. He had one bullet for his gun. Ha!

Ruined relationships didn't last long with Sheriff Andy Taylor around to hold the town together with his wisdom and guidance. He solved more problems than you can shake a stick at.

We all love characters who are so flawed, in a hilarious way, they may never redeem themselves. But, Barney does so often. And, Hal Smith as Otis Campbell. What a hoot! I can't imagine a any town, allowing a prisoner being able to arrest himself, walk into a jail, and claim his own cell. Too funny.

Life in a small town is entirely different than in the big city. There isn't a more understanding sheriff as Andy Taylor. I love that we see the human side of every character on the show. Ron Howard as Opie Taylor, played a stupendous part. He managed to get into all the little boy things, we as mothers know about.

Think I'll buy the series for my grandson. Children need to know, life wasn't always so wild and wooly!

What was you favorite Andy Griffith show?

Carol DeVaney
www.caroldevaney.weebly.com

2 comments:

  1. My favorite character was Ernest T. Bass. One of the kids in the lunchroom last year told me his name was Ernest T. Bass, he might have gotten away with it if it weren't the name of my favorite Mayberry character. I asked him where he got the name and he fessed up. I was glad to know that middle school kids were watching reruns of that show. So many great life lessons. Especially when it was Opie teaching his dad. All the characters were great. Barnie, Andy, Goober, Aunt Bea, Floyd the barber. We should have shows that teach life lesson today. It would be a great teaching tool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I loved Ernest T . Bass. :) Hi, Scarlet. It would seem, the child in the lunchroom does indeed watch Andy Griffith. That's so hilarious. You're right on about the life lessons whether it be father to son or son to father. Happy to know you like the program! Thanks for checking out our blog. Don't be a stranger!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete